Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"A True Love Story..."



For several years before I met my now husband, my life was empty. When I look back at those years now, I can't believe how sad I was. I was working a 9-5 finance job and rarely saw the sunlight during weekdays.

I was also weighed down by a controlling relationship that I continuously tried to tell myself was fine. I was just going through the motions of life, not living... rather, merely existing. Subconsciously, I must have known how much I was suffering because I reached a breaking point. I had made myself so physically and mentally sick that I knew it was time to make a drastic change. So I decided to leave Connecticut and move to Florida. I started over with everything- I got a new haircut, new clothes, and was following a new healthy lifestyle/diet. And my positive energy must have been radiating because it wasn't long before I landed an amazing job and met my husband.

I met Timur on a dating app. We realized quickly that we had a lot in common and decided to meet that same night for a glass of red. I knew three sips into my Merlot that it was only a matter of time before I'd propose to him. Now, that man is my husband and I couldn't be prouder of that fact.

If any part of my story resonates with you, I hope you know you don't have to settle. This is your life and it's exactly what you chose to make it. Don't stay in the same place because you're "comfortable" and afraid of change. Being comfortably miserable is far worse than taking a risk where you at least have a shot at happiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.