Thursday, June 23, 2016

"A True Love Story..."



"I spent years trying to find a guy I was compatible with. I wasted so much time on people I knew I didn't have a future with. I just wanted to find someone who would appreciate me for exactly who I am.

I'm a lover. I show my emotions almost immediately. I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't apologize for it. For years I struggled with feeling isolated from the gay community. People don't realize there's a lot of alienation within the gay community itself. The media often portrays homosexual men with a certain image- tall, skinny, muscular, perfect hair, and chiseled features. I don't fit that mold and it made me feel unworthy.

Just when I was starting to give up on men, I received a Facebook request from Matthew. Apparently Matthew had come across my page on the "people you may know" section. He was so handsome and although I figured he was out of my league, I took a chance. I messaged him a simple, "Hi" and it was the best decision I've ever made. We hit it off from the jump and scheduled dinner plans for later that week.

On the night of our first date, I was so nervous that I almost called off our plans. But something in my gut told me to go, to show up, and to push myself to be vulnerable one more time. When I arrived at the restaurant, Matthew was standing outside with a single rose in his hand. We hugged and I immediately felt the fireworks. The conversation that night flowed so easily and there was never a dull moment. As cliche as it sounds, I felt like we had known each other our whole life.

My message to anyone reading this is to just wait. Don't settle. Not when it comes to love anyways. Your person is out there and you will find them when the time is right. Actively searching for love never seems to work out. When you meet the person you're meant to be with, you'll know. You won't question it. You won't hesitate. And your excitement to be around them will never go away."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.