Monday, May 9, 2016

"Reflections On Married Life..."


"Marriage is not a single event but rather a developing process, which is not to be undertaken recklessly or irresponsibly but rather maturely and honestly.  Marriage is the faithful union between two persons the result of which is the formation of a family unit whose members shall help, support and enjoy each other in good times and in bad times..."

- From the pronouncements of our wedding vows, April 8, 2011


Some who faithfully visit this blog have noted that over the last couple of weeks my posts have been few and far between.  The reason has been that I've been attending to my husband who recently had open heart surgery.  He is home now after a lengthy hospital stay and I am taking some time off work to care for him as he recuperates.  

Sickness is the test of love's promise and after many days and nights divided between work, caring for our children and sitting at my husband's bedside in the ICU, I can say that love's promise is real and that our marriage is now stronger than ever.

Photos of our sons Dustin and D'Mitris (holding Joni Cat)
that I took for Edward during his hospital stay

Edward's progress has been slow (more than twice the normal hospital stay) and he's still pretty weak and fragile, but now that he's home, between me and the kids (and Joni Cat), we'll nurse him back to health.  



"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.