Friday, April 22, 2016

"In Memoriam..."


Prince Rogers Nelson


June 7, 1958 – April 21, 2016

I rarely wax sentimentally over the passing of celebrity figures, but Prince is different...  I can't honestly say that I've been a great fan of his music, but like almost everyone, I can definitely say that there are songs he wrote for himself and other artists that have powerfully moved me.  Among the greatest of these was "Purple Rain."  It wasn't until I heard Purple Rain that I realized the musical genius of the man we called "Prince."


Click here to watch highlights of his iconic performance at the 2007 Superbowl.  It was this performance that cemented in mind that Prince was more than a mere artist, but was in fact a cultural touchstone of our generation.

Thanks for music, the emotion and the fierceness of your example... 

You were indeed the "Prince"


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.