Thursday, December 31, 2015

"The Truth About Who We Are..."

photo by Kevin TruongAlexander, Sydney, Australia

by thegaymenproject

photos by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
Alexander, in his own words: "Being gay to me is pretty simple, it means that I am attracted to the same sex (men) instead of the opposite sex.
I think my biggest successes in life have been in relation to my career. I have worked very hard to get where I am, and still plan to keep going. In terms of challenges, I think the biggest challenge I have had has been me! In the past, I have been shy, or not been my true self, but this has changed, and surprisingly by being myself, showing my true personality and being less shy, my career has got better and better.
I have not had a coming out story so to speak as many people pretty much know (or can guess) as soon as they meet me and I have never really hidden it from anyone (except from my parents). However, there was one time when I was a teenager and was with a guy and my brother saw me. The guy told me that my brother had just seen us, and I could not believe it. When I did see my brother, he was very upset. He told me he would be fine, he just needed some time to get over it. I think I was more upset over the incident, but as time passed it was like nothing had happened and my brother was fine.
The gay community in Sydney is very much like gay communities all over the world! There are lots of different gays that make up the community which is a good thing. Most people think that the gay community only lives around the inner city, but I think that is changing and now it is spreading out all over Sydney.
(Advice to my younger self) Be yourself and life is short. Just go for it, whatever it is!"


********


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.