Saturday, November 28, 2015

"The Truth About Who We Are..."

photo by Kevin TruongDenny, IT and Designer, Jakarta, Indonesia

by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
Denny, in his own words: "When I was a little kid, I was attracted to men, and felt scared about my feelings. It took 20 years to admit that I am gay, so relieved! So being gay means being free, free from fear of myself.
My biggest challenge is to tell my family about myself, because until now only a few of my family want to accept who I am.
(My coming out story) is kind of funny, I used to keep my gay DVD among other movie DVD, and my aunt borrow my movie DVD and accidentally played my gay DVD! So she just smile to me and told me that her son is gay too. And I think she told my other family about this, but they all keep silent.
The gay community in Jakarta mostly stays in the closet, just a few come out.
(Advice to my younger self) Being gay is not a disease, nor a choice, it is destiny, just accept who you are, and be safe!"


**********



"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.