Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"The Truth About Who We Are..."

photo by Kevin TruongNiklaus, Zurich, Switzerland

by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photos by Kevin Truong
Niklaus, in his own words: " I have always seen my sexuality as only a part of my being human. Defining myself only through my sexuality seemed limited and restricting and didn't feel right. So being gay means to me that I have a deep sense of respect for other people and I probably have a better understanding of feeling different from the rest. Therefore I'm trying not to discriminate or judge people for their choices and I am grateful to have been born into a family that taught me to treasure and respect the opinions of others.
Life is a continuos maelstrom of challenges and successes, I guess. My answer is: A lot and hopefully many more...
(With regards to coming out) Was 16. Told my mother and brother first, my father later the same night. Everybody was supportive and proud that I was able to come out to them. Boring, really.
The gay community in Zurich is as multifaceted and colorful as a rainbow."


*********


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.