Saturday, August 1, 2015

"The Truth About Who We Are..."


photo by Kevin Truong, Alessio (left) and Matto (right)Alessio and Matto, Social Media Manager/Personal Assistant and Showroom Back Office/Seller, Milan, Italy

by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong, Alessio (left) and Matto (right)
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong, Alessio (left) and Matto (right)
Alessio, in his own words: " Being gay means to be my self, as a free person who can have sentimental decisions without any pressure by anyone.
Sometimes it made me feel very proud of myself... A little bit lucky as a guy man I could be brave and love who I want. But sometimes I said to myself: "it is normal and easy" and at the same time I say, there are and there were many people who cannot be themselves and cannot be free to love who they want.
One day I said to my parents: "Mamma, PapĂ , io sono innamorato di Francesco". And the rest was not so easy and joyful to tell you...
Sometimes it is really nice the opportunity that a huge city like Milan can offer to you but sometimes it can be really ugly and cruel in general.
For me since I came from a very little country this LGBT community is often strange.
(Advice to my younger self) Be brave."
Matto, in his own words: " Bein' gay for me, it's to be free feeling always myself, with everybody and in every situation of my life.
I don't know exactly, but my idea of success is to basically and consciously choose to have positive feelings.
When I realized that I fell in love with my first boy-friend I needed to talk to my mom but she told me "I know", then she cried for my secret: I was 22 years-old.
Milan's a crossroads of many kind of gay people, so the community is numerous and well integrated to the rest of the citizens. Being the city of the fashion, it answers to the rules of the fashion-system. I am not a very worldly person, I prefer to be with the people that I love.
(Advice to my younger self) be always honest with yourself, first, and don't be afraid to be free."


***********


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.