Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"True Love Stories..."



Tyler and I (Anthony) met by very humble normal means, we saw each other in a local coffee shop and started talking. We found out we had very similar tastes beyond mere physical attraction. He was an intensive video gamer and persevering worker, whereas I was the nerdy scholar and hopeless romantic. It soon became apparent that he was the yin to my yang, and the courtship began. As you can assume by our life principles we are more reclusive than most, which in turn allowed us to quickly get to know each other. I picked up his online game habit, and we continue to play games together ‘til today. 

The first year together, I was still not out to my parents, and with his continued presence I decided to come out to them. It was a hurtful and tear-filled time, but in the end, our families love each other wholeheartedly. My mom calls him “son,” and we’ve just come back from Hawaii last summer with his parents. We’ve always enjoyed travelling, from either taking a road trip to Houston or flying to Boston. Like I said, he was my complement and I find that he completely grounds me. 

I admit that I am a compulsive buyer and he is an unyielding miser. I remember one Valentine’s Day, I decided to surprise him with a decorated hotel get away. He found out early, and I immediately got an earful about wasting money, completely dwarfing the thoughtfulness and sentiment. He’s also the clean and organized one, where I’m the ordered chaos hoarder. I know every time he sees an amazon prime box, I swear his eye twitches spastically.

It took about 4 months and we were moved in together. I was working as an analytical chemist, and he was a bakery manager. We slept on the most uncomfortable futon for the first couple months of our time there, there was no TV, and he was still in school. The apartment was a modest 700 square foot, but it was ours. 

Today we live comfortably, go out often, and are preparing to move to a new town into a larger townhouse. He graduated in Geology, and I was promoted at my new job, getting an even better opportunity working in research and development in Lake Charles. In a few weeks we plan to move, and begin a new start to our life. 

These last 4 years have been a flurry of events and unexpected occurrences. We’ve had meek beginnings, but in turn has been the best 4 years of my life. The next steps are settling in our new home, hopefully tying the knot, and looking to pass along our experiences and knowledge with children. We jokingly plan out their futures already: prodigies in music and a careers in the Sciences. I never thought that this would be my life, and if I could go back in time I’d do it all the same spending the rest of my life with my best friend, my better half, and my future husband.


* True Love Stories: These are real stories of men in love, told in their own voice. These are our stories, these are true love stories.



"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.