Friday, March 6, 2015

"The Truth About Who We Are..."

photo by Kevin TruongAndreas, Sustainability, Cape Town, South Africa

by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photo by Kevin Truong
photos by Kevin Truong
Andreas, in his own words: "Being gay means having the opportunity to be more accepting of others.
Continuous challenge is learning to accept myself, to trust in the process called life. One of my greatest successes has been finishing a masters while recovering from a barrage of illnesses I picked up whilst traveling in India.
Coming out was gradual - took about 5 years, starting with accepting myself to telling my father. Some of my extended family members still don't know about my sexuality, maybe that will change now. I'm lucky in that all the responses were positive - everyone was supportive and accepting (although most didn't see it coming!).
The Cape Town gay community, much like the rest of South Africa is socially and geographically divided. I only know middle class gay men who live in suburbs; we share very similar stories. I wish it would be easier to meet more gay men from different backgrounds.
I would tell my younger self to keep away from trying to do things right."


********



"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.