Monday, December 29, 2014

"This Made Me Smile..."


WATCH EMINEM COMES OUT AS GAY IN ‘THE INTERVIEW’ CAMEO

Adrian Garcia
December 26, 2014

The most talked about film of the year is grabbing more headlines today after rapper Eminem came out as gay in his cameo for ‘The Interview,’ well sort of.

The rapper is just one of many celebrities who pokes fun of himself in the controversial new comedy released online and in select theaters Christmas day.

In the clip below, Eminem, who has repeatedly landed himself in hot water for his homophobic lyrics, tells James Franco’s talk show host character that he is “a homosexual.”

“When I say things about gay people, or people think my lyrics are homophobic — it’s because I’m gay,” he tells Franco’s character. He adds, “I’m more shocked that people haven’t figured it out yet. I mean, it’s kind of like I’ve been playing gay peek-a-boo.”

Huffpost adds:
Though he has been accused of anti-gay rhetoric, Eminem has placed the blame on his different personas and claimed that he isn’t homophobic by arguing that words like “faggot” aren’t being used in a homophobic way. In fact, in 2010 the rapper even came out in favor of marriage equality.
“The Interview” has faced extreme controversy in recent weeks and it almost wasn’t released. After hackers, who many believe are working for North Korea, claimed they would unleash a 9/11-style attack on movie theaters if they showed the film, which involves a plot to kill Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea, Sony executives pulled the plug on the movie. However, days later, they reversed their decision and the film is now in select theaters and available online.



********

I admit it... I ponyed up the $5.99 on YouTube and watched the most talked about film of 2014.  I had been planning to see it on Christmas Day before Sony's vacilation on whether or not to release it in theaters.

It was the silly romp of a film that I thought it would be and I actually quite enjoyed it.  I like silly-stupid and this film delivered.  I've actually watched it three times in an effort to get my money's worth during my 48 hour rental.  

I have say that Eminem's cameo is one of my favorite scenes. His deadpan delivery was epic.


"Fear Eats the SouL"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.