Friday, December 26, 2014

"The Artist's Corner..."


"Unexpected Guests"

From his facebook page...

This painting shows a group of friends getting together for some food, drink and to look at some old photo albums on a Christmas Eve, making the yuletide gay. A quiet evening and one guy is even snoozing on a recliner. Yet it seems that they may not be the only ones at their quiet little party (like what made the candy dish suddenly tip over?). Could it be, like the words from the song - ...faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more…? For those who may be spending the holidays alone or without loved ones, I offer this image as a comfort, a fantasy or invisible reality. The image is a bit more rough and clumsy than I like my paintings to be but I was not really sure where I was going with it when I doing the painting. I think what I was trying to convey with this image was that the strength of love and friendship transcends all and that those who truly love and cherish you will be with you always.


*******

How many of us felt the presence of loved ones not seen but felt yesterday... I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.