Thursday, December 25, 2014

"Reflections On Married Life..."





Christmas day is winding down now, and not a minute too soon.  I am about the same age as my parents were when I was Dustin's age, but I have to admit, I don't know how they did it.  There were four of us still at home and it seemed like Mom and Dad never got tired... I am exhaused.

Our holiday meal this year was especially festive as we celebrated Dustin joining our family.  I am the better cook of the two of us, so holiday meals are typically my affair.  This was our Christmas dinner menu:

Appetizers:
Deviled Eggs, Chips, Nuts, Etc.

Entree:
Beef Wellington with Pan Roasted Guatamalan Brussel Sprouts and Fresh Tomato Garnish
paired with Danube Ridge Duna Borrégió Merlot

Desserts:
Chocolate Cream Pie
Old Fashioned Raisin Pound Cake
Homemade Butter Cookies
Double Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes

The last dish has now been washed and my husband and Dustin are entertaining my brother by the fire in the living room.  All I want to do now is take a long hot bath and climb into bed for a good night's sleep.

I hope your Christmas was memorable... I know I'll always have fond memories of this special first Christmas as "the three of us..."


"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.