Thursday, December 18, 2014

"And The Truth Shall Set You Free..."


NINE-YEAR-OLD WRITES INSPIRING LETTER TO HER NEWLY OUT GAY TEACHER

Adrian Garcia
December 17, 2014

A brave elementary school teacher recently decided to come out to his students as part of anti-bullying week. He asked his students if they had ever heard someone use the word “gay” as an insult.

A nine-year-old student wrote the following letter to Mr. R after his announcement:


Dear Mr R,

Even though you’re gay, I will always treat you the same way as I do now. I still think about you the same way as I used to. You’re a great teacher and these are just some of the word’s (sic) that I would describe you as: great, amazing, fantastic, brilliant, awesome and brave.


The reason why I say brave is because you shared a personal secret which was very brave.


You don’t have to feel scared because I know that everyone in the class feels the same way as I do.


From A x x


PS. We are all proud of you



********


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.