Friday, November 21, 2014

"And The Truth Shall Set You Free..."


COUNTRY MUSIC STAR TY HERNDON: “I’M AN OUT, PROUD AND HAPPY GAY MAN”

Adrian Garcia
November 20, 2014

Country music star Ty Herndon has come out as a “proud and happy gay man” in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE Magazine.

Herndon has charted a total of 17 singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and has had four additional Top Ten hits.

Read an excerpt below:
“During an Anthony Robbins seminar, I realized I had an incredible story that could possibly help someone’s son or daughter or grandchild’s life not be as difficult as mine has been,” he tells PEOPLE. “Maybe they wouldn’t have to go through as much pain and suffering. It’s time to tell my truth.”
That “truth” is about a part of himself he has kept secret for his entire career: “I’m an out, proud and happy gay man,” the Nashville artist revealed to PEOPLE during a sit-down in New York Tuesday. (Herndon appears on Entertainment Tonight Thursday at 7 p.m. ET, his first TV interview about his journey.)


Though he understands his revelation is a big one, he views it as a beautiful starting point for the next chapter of his life.
“[Being gay] is just an addendum. I’m a gay man, and I’m looking forward to living the rest of my life authentically and happy,” Herndon says.
Now that he’s out, there are a lot of uncertainties ahead, from how fans will react to where his career will go. But “I’m feeling very blessed,” Herndon says.
“I just want to show up for the causes that I believe in. And be able to walk down the street and hold this man’s hand that will be my husband one day, and I know we’ll have kids one day,” he adds.
“I’m still the same person. Fans just know a little more about me now.”

See his interview from Entertainment Tonight here:



*******


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.