Sunday, September 21, 2014

"I Am Always Remembering..."

I ran across this photo of Will and Vince the other day and it brought back memories of a time in my life, not so long ago, when I lived in fear of the truth of my own heart.

Watching "Will and Grace" was a secret (and sometimes guilty) pleasure for me.   I enjoyed watching every week, what at that time in my life seemed to me little more than a fantasy - that a gay man could live an open, happy, well-adjusted life and be loved.

I know that "Will and Grace" helped me decide to come out to myself and eventually to my family and friends.  Moreover, when Will and Vince found their forever love in one another, I think that's when I became convinced that it might be possible for me too.

And so, just as Vice President Joe Biden pointed out, "Will and Grace" was much more than just a television show, much more than mere entertainment... "Will and Grace" changed people both gay and not, and I for one know that it was for the better.




"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.