Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"The Truth About Gay Maleness..."


LET’S TALK ABOUT MASCULINITY…WITH A POEM

Steven James Boyle
August 12, 2014

“Misconceptions of the Effeminate” is about how in general society, and even within the gay community, the more fabulous members get hated upon because they act a certain way. Personally, I think it’s bullshit.

We should be looking up to these people who aren’t afraid to be 100% themselves, whereas those who pride themselves on being “straight-acting” are glorifying the idea that they are better because they are somehow “less gay” than those with a lisp or other so-called effeminate characteristics.

I hate this idea that gay men are all judgmental, I hate that stigma. However, I wasn’t always on this side of the fence. I too was once upon a time just as bad as the people I am calling out, more or less. I wanted to share my own journey as openly and honestly as possible and try to shift a perspective, if only for 3 minutes.

Watch “Misconceptions of the Effeminate” below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.