Sunday, July 6, 2014

"The Truth About Who We Are..."

Photo by Kevin TruongTim, Business Owner, Charlotte

by thegaymenproject
Photos by Kevin Truong
Photo by Kevin Truong
Photo by Kevin Truong
Photo by Kevin Truong
Photo by Kevin Truong
Tim, in his own words: "Growing up in a very conservative Southern family, who attended an even more conservative Primitive Baptist church, I was constantly reminded that gays were going to hell and were the worst thing on Earth. In 1982, as the HIV/AIDS epidemic became more common in the press, my family told me all gays "Got AIDS and died". Over the next 7 years I laid in bed at night, fearful that one day I'd die of an awful disease just because I was born gay. It was at the age of 15 I finally decided I just didn’t give a fuck anymore. I knew I loved God and realized He makes no mistakes; he created me just the way he wanted to! So I came out and moved on to more important things in life like glitter, rainbows, and techno music.

******

"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.