Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"I Am Always Remembering..."


I remember as a teenager, secretly watching "Brideshead Revisited" on a little portable television in the little closet under the basement stairs of the home I grew up in.  This was probably my first exposure to same-gender-love on television. I remember that watching Charles and Sebastian together helped to shatter many of the negative stereotypes that I loathed might become part of my own future.  As I watched the weekly episodes which chronicled the rise and fall of their happiness and love, for the first time in my young life, I thought that love could perhaps be real, even for someone like me.  Nevertheless, more than 20 years would pass before I finally accepted the truth of my own heart and the fact that I was as I had always known, a same-gender-loving man.


"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.