Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"This Amount Of Hate Is Just Ridiculous..."

The Majestic Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet, Queen of the Skies
Deace Implies Same-Sex Marriage Is As Impossible As Human Flight

Miranda Blue
4/21/2014

Speaking with Phyllis Schlafly on Eagle Forum Live this weekend, Iowa talk show host Steve Deace implied that same-sex couples who want to get married are like people who want to be able to fly.

Responding to a caller who asked what he should say to a friend who says “it’s not government’s job to legislate morality,” Deace responded that the friend has “bought into some postmodern thinking” where he doesn’t want to impose his idea of what’s “wrong and icky” on other people.

Deace compared this to fighting the law of gravity, implying that a gay person who wants to get married is like someone who jumps off a skyscraper because they think they can fly.

“I mean, someone might think, I have the right to fly and I’d love to fly and I have a desire to fly and I even found a judge that gave me a piece of paper that told me I have the right to fly,” he said. “But when I fling myself off the top of a skyscraper, I run smack-dab into the law of gravity.”

“It didn’t change because some judge said so,” he added.



Caller: I’ve got a buddy who’s semi-liberal and he says, his main premise is that it’s not government’s job to legislate morality. And I was wondering what you’ve got to say about that.

Schlafly: Well, practically ever law is legislating morality.

Deace: Phyllis is correct. Everything is morality. That’s a false objection. Question him further to find exactly out what that means. And I’m telling you, what I’m 99 percent positive that it will mean is that he’s bought into some postmodern thinking that says, ‘Well, yeah, I think this stuff is wrong and icky for me but I can’t impose my value system on somebody else.’

But of course, that’s a very slippery slope as well. I mean, someone might think, I have the right to fly and I’d love to fly and I have a desire to fly and I even found a judge that gave me a piece of paper that told me I have the right to fly. But when I fling myself off the top of a skyscraper, I run smack-dab into the law of gravity. It didn’t change because some judge said so. It still exists. So, chances are that’s a false objection from your friend because he’s bought into some postmodern thinking about over-judgementalism.


******

Now, I don't usually engage in character assassinations, but when you look at Deace's photo above, do you see what I see...?  His OGT smile sets off my Gaydar big time.  If I had to guess about the source of this ridiculous hatred, I'd have to say, "Self-loathing Internalized Homophobia."  It definitely wouldn't be the first time that a virulent homophobe turned out to be one of us.

 
By the way, at any given time, at least 100,000 human beings are in-fact flying through the air somewhere over the Earth, albeit in airplanes, a little invention of two confirmed bachelor brothers in Ohio in 1903 .


"Fear Eats the Soul"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.