Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Finally, The Truth Out Of Africa..."

 
Gays And The Perverted Angels Of Africa


By Joseph Osei Oppong Brenya
April 22, 2014


Well guys today I am not on my best mood truthfully, I had this debate with my cousin about gay rights in Africa. Is it so bad to be gay? is it a curse ? , is it a disease? I mean common really!!?? I read many articles on the subject whether its surveys, religious publishing, newspapers, political reviews, Everybody in Africa is mad because gay people demand to recognize simply as people. Excuse my French but WTF?

To me it is pretty simple; let people do what they want as long as it causes you no harm period! I think we Africans are somewhat delusional , homosexuality has ALWAYS EXISTED ask your grandpa maybe he was gay (lol just kidding) ; no but for real it’s time to let go of this hypocrisy , talking about killing gays , putting them in jail and stuff like that. Will it make them LESS gay!? Really? They are human beings like any other person. It is an ugly taboo in African societies and it needs to stop.

I do understand that most religious beliefs condemn homosexuality, and people often use the Sodom and Gomorra example in the bible; but I have a question for you: Is your religion perfect? Do not forget that it is forbidden in most religions to: lie, steal, fornicate before marriage, kill, dishonor your parents, blaspheme etc. Now tell me, which one of these sins you have not done!? Pleaaaaase tell me!!!! I feel like we going back to the slavery era, but this time we are enslaving our own brothers and sister. How can a government pass a law against its own people based on sexual orientation?? What of human rights huh!? Ooohhh it makes me mad!!!

In most comments I read, people are talking about keeping our African cultures and traditions intact, that is so far the stupidest excuse I have heard on this subject. Who you fuck, and the way you do it has nothing, nothiiiiiing to do with culture or tradition. Do You really think gay people chose to be gay? And please don’t try to tell me that it depends on the environment you grew up in because that is simply not true.

Quick story - One of my best friend is a proudly African gay male , and I am very proud that he owns it 100%. He grew up in very religious Muslim family. His dad is actually an El Hadj with many wives and kids. My friend grew up with his brothers, all tough guys, hard workers, passionate about sports and women; but even though my friend tried to fit in, he never succeeded. Here’s a guy who even tried to date girls but never was sexually attracted to them. So after years of suffering in silence he had to come out of the closet.  Of course it has been hell, till today his family is barely speaking to him, but at least he is free to be him! They say when you know yourself good enough, what you stand for, your flaws and qualities; it is very difficult for other people to bring you down. Today he is a successful young man running his own company and even founded an orphanage in his country.

I am trying not to judge anybody, but I strongly believe everything is a matter of perception. All gay people do not dress or act like the opposite sex, I actually do not think it is the best way to make your point, it’s rather annoying than anything else. Lots of people ask me about my opinion on gay marriage and adoption; well it is a little more delicate and here’s why: It is ok for two grown ups to decide to be together because they are not influencing each other. They are fully aware of what they are doing, it is their choice. When it comes to adoption, it is another debate. Kids do not get to chose and that is why I am not pro adoption! As for marriage it is a civil right so I absolutely have no problem with that (although I am not a strong believer in marriage in general).

There is so much to say on this subject really that I cannot wrap it up in just one article, but here’s my final thought: It is not our responsibility to judge one another, unless your name is Jesus you have no authority on how people should or should not live their lives.

Journalist: Ultimate Radio 106.9/ www.ultimate1069.com
facebook:www.facebook.com/josephosei2000
Twitter: https://twitter.com/oseiview
www.oseiview.blogspot.com
oseiview.wordpress.com
+233244587045
+2330505141979

*******

Finally, some common sense out of Africa... I agree with most of what the author said here. But on the issue of adoption, I would suggest that if you asked most orphans (especially in Africa) if they'd prefer to remain orphans or be loved and cared for by a same-gender-loving person or couple, they wouldn't hesitate to choose a same-gender-loving home.  And as for Jesus Christ, I'm forced to remind everyone that His advice was this:

 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

I doubt that many of this author's countrymen will agree with his position here, but I do know that this is how change begins... His common sense appeal renews my hope for Mother Africa and the millions of my GLBT brothers and sisters who are forced to live in fear and oppression there.


"Fear Eats the Soul"


* Minimal grammatical corrections were made to the original text for clarity and ease of reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.