Saturday, March 22, 2014

"The Truth Is Always Stranger Than Fiction..."

British Olympian Tom Daley
Olympic diver Tom Daley recently commented on some of the unforeseen consequences of his coming out last year.  He said in addition to a number of bold propositions from various men (which were all unwanted as he is in a committed relationship with Dustin Lance Black), one of the most memorable incidents was when the mother of a fan told him:
"'I’d just like to thank you because you inspired my son, when he saw your video it inspired him to tell me he was gay.’ And I was like, ‘Oh wow! Oh my god. Tell him I said hi and good job,’ and all that kind of stuff…” He added: “And she was like, ‘Yeah, but he does have a wife and three children.’ And I was like, ‘Oh s**t.’”

This is Tom Daley's now famous coming out video:




"Fear Eats the Soul"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.