Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Black History Month..."


Openly Gay, Black Mississippi Mayoral Candidate, Marco McMillian Found Dead

Black History month draws to a close today... And although I didn't include as many posts as I had planned on, I think this post is a poignant reminder that on freedom and equality, were not there yet.

No cause of death has been released yet, but in light of the suspicious circumstances of the case, my mind can't help jumping to various conclusions about what may have taken place given that this occurred in the great and infamous state of Mississippi.  I have family roots in Mississippi, and yet I've never had any desire to visit there.  I've heard enough about Mississippi to believe it's not the greatest place.  I hope my suspicions are wrong about this case, but I doubt it.  Nevertheless, this is also part of Black (and GLBT) History in America.

"Fear Eats the Soul"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.