Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"In the News Today..."

Congratulations to Jim Nabors and his husband, Stan Cadwallader on their recent marriage in Washington state.  After 38 years together, Jim said, "I'm 82 and he's in his 60s and so we've been together for 38 years and I'm not ashamed of people knowing, it's just that it was such a personal thing, I didn't tell anybody," Nabors said. "I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I'm just very happy."

Read more about it at Huffington Post.

As a boy, I always looked forward to Jim's appearances on the Carol Burnett Show where he was always Carol's guest for the first show of the season.  As a little boy who didn't really understand why he felt so different, I nonetheless knew that I shared something in common with Jim Nabors and many of the other performers on the show (especially the Ernest Flatt Dancers).  I remember quite distinctly yearning to be one of those handsome dancers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.