Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"The Triumph Of Good Over Evil..."

I worked more than 16 hours in the elections yesterday and when I was done, I was too tired to watch election returns on television.  I said my prayers and went to bed confident that this would be the year that good would triumph over evil...  When I awoke this morning, I found that was I right beyond my most optimistic expectations:

For the first time ever, the electorate clearly and resoundingly favored the expansion of marriage equality with all four state contests, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota and Washington voting in our favor!

Our strong advocate, Barrack Hussein Obama was reelected as President of the United States.  And while he recognizes that there is much left to do, I believe his promise that, "the best is yet to come!"  I know he will work to repeal DOMA and to expand our rights and deliver equality of our rights throughout the land.

And our advocates in the U.S. Senate have expanded their influence, including electing the nation's first openly gay female U.S. Senator, Tammy Baldwin.

Today, I will go to work still tired, but renewed in my spirit and my hopes for the future.  Yesterday, good triumphed over evil and I believe America and the world are a better place because of it...

Yes, Mr. President, "the best is yet to come!"

"Fear Eats the Soul"


1 comment:

  1. Here in Metro Detroit, homophobic suburban mayor of Troy, Michigan, Janice Daniels was recalled and fired by the citizens of her community following national and international outrage over her vile comments about GLBT people.

    Yes, "good triumphed over evil last night!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.