Monday, September 24, 2012

"The Things Love Says..."


You and I are connected in a way  
that goes beyond romance, beyond friendship,  
beyond what we’ve ever had before.

It has defied time, distance,  
and changes in ourselves and in our lives.
And it has defied every explanation  
except one:  
purely and simply, we’re soul mates.

I can’t explain it.
I just feel it.

It’s there in the way my spirit subtly lifts  
whenever we talk,  
how the sound of your voice  
brings me home in a way I can’t explain.

It’s in the delight I feel  
when we laugh  
at exactly the same things.

When I’m with you,  
it’s like a tiny part of the universe  
shifts into the place  it’s supposed to be,   
and all is right with the world.

These things, and so many more,  
have made me understand  
that this is a once-in-a-lifetime,  
forever connection  
that could only exist between you and me.

And deep in my soul  
I know that our relationship is a rare gift,  
one that will bring us  
and extraordinary happiness  
all through our lives.

-Suzanne Heins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.