Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"This Is Why..."


"Promises Made, Promises Kept"

I'll be voting for the President this fall, but more than that, he's getting my meager financial support and some of my time as a campaign volunteer as well.  It has nothing to do with the fact that he's a person of color like me, but rather everything to do with the content of his character.

This is why:


Although in many ways, I'm still a second-class citizen in my own country, I and countless millions of GLBT people like me are closer to equality under the law and the promise of freedom to be who we are and to love who we love than we've ever been before.  Even in my short lifetime, although I prayed for it continually, I never imagined the world and my life would change as much as it has in just these last few years.  And, without this man leading our nation, I know that change and the newly found freedoms I enjoy and those yet to come could not have been possible.


"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.