Friday, July 6, 2012

"Reflections On Married Life... The Summer Garden"


Views of the container garden on our second floor terrace







My husband, Ed is a professional gardener and when we met I discovered something I'd never thought to do.  At his old home, he had a second floor terrace at the back of the house as we do here and he had a beautiful container garden set up there.  So when we got together, he did the same thing for our home.  

Every morning this is where Ed and our cat (and sometimes me) have his morning coffee and enjoy the morning air and sunshine.  In the evenings are my favorite time to be out on the terrace enjoying the view of our garden in the yard below while listening to our favorite music.  

A street view of our home... the terrace is in the rear

I'd been here in our home for nearly 20 years and it had never occurred to me that the second floor terrace could be so nice... It's a space I'd never really considered, I'd never even taken a chair out there.  But I realize now that the reason is that there was never anyone to share it with.  Now, spending time out there with my husband is one of my favorite things to do in the summer... It's true, life feels different when you're married, for my husband and I, it's better.

"Fear Eats the Soul"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.