Friday, June 1, 2012

"A Thought To Ponder..."

I realized very early on in my life, that as a GLBT person, you're always in the minority, you'll live your life in a hetero-normative world.  And yet, even though this is true, I've never found it difficult to empathize with stories and songs about love between opposite sex couples, which makes me wonder why 'they' (many heterosexual people) find it so hard to understand that we're just as human and just as desirous and deserving of the greatest benefit of being human - Love.

Here is a beautiful and truly great song, as are all great songs, it's about love... And even the though the pronouns don't match the desires of my heart, I can nevertheless understand and fully appreciate the song and the emotions and the story being told.  That more people would simply realize that 'we' are just as human, and that we love and desire to be loved is one of the most precious desires of my heart.




 "Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.