Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Reflections On Married Life..."


The husband and I had a date night yesterday and after dinner we went to see this film... Overall, I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  But the funny thing is this, I always like to stay and watch the ending credits of a film.  I just find it interesting to watch the names of the people and organizations that helped to make the film.  For instance while watching this film's ending credits, I saw that Comerica Bank provided the production financing.  It was interesting to me because Comerica was founded in Detroit and still has a large presence here.

But anyway, when I first started dating my husband, Ed, he at first didn't like to stay for the end credits.  He was one of the masses that jumps out of their seat as soon as the end credits start to roll.  But he loves me, so he learned to endulge me in my desire to watch them.  Now, I'm sharing all of this because it has a lot to do with the film we saw last night. 

"The Grey" was a great film and Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors.  But if you read peoples reviews and comments on this film, while everyone seemed to like it, a lot of people didn't like the ending.  Without giving it away, the end of the film has Neeson facing off with the alpha wolf, but it fades to black and you don't see what happened next, then the end credits roll.

However, for my husband and I and the four other people in the auditorium who stayed to watch the credits, we we got a very good idea of what happened next... the final 5 seconds of the film play at the end of the credits.  So, if you go to see this film and you have a need to see the story that just unfolded be resolved... Stay for the credits!  It's one of the other reasons I like to stay for the entire film... lots of movies have additional scenes spliced into the credits... sometimes the blooper scenes are there or like in "The Grey," a clue to the missing resolution of the story.  I couldn't help thinking to myself that the hundred or so other moviegoers we shared that showing with left feeling a little cheated in that the climax scene of the movie went unresolved (or, so they thought).

I think it really annoyed Ed when we first met that I wanted to stay for the credits, but because he loves me, he learned to like them as I do and that is what love and marriage is about... Sharing life and the world and each other's interests.  Love and marriage... I highly recommend it!

"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived..."

P.S. One of my interests is looking for "Same Gender Loving" characters in mainstream films... more and more, we are there.  I won't tell you where in the film, but we are depicted in "The Grey."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.