Monday, June 13, 2011

"Reflections On Married Life..."


Dear Readers,

It's been a while since I've been able to write or post anything beyond "SGL People" and the "Artist Corner", but today's been a good day with a little free time, so I thought I'd share some reflections on married life.  First off, it's wonderful to have someone to share life's joys and frustrations with.  Recently, there have been more than a few in my own life.

At work I got a promotion about 7 weeks ago and as is usually the case, it was so I could go to fix a problem location for the company.  So with that as my challenge and goal, I've been working some incredible hours.  On average, I've been working about 100 hours, 7 days a week since the last week of April.  Eddie, my husband has been very forgiving of my resulting grumpy moods, and the fact that I'm never home and always tired. 

My first day off in over 7 weeks was last Saturday, which was also my birthday.  Although I had been looking forward to the day for many weeks, when it finally came, none of my big plans for the day came to fruition, but still I had a chance to rest my weary bones and reflect on what I'm doing in my career and more importantly in my home life.

I had planned to work 16 hours today, but I've made a lot of progress this week so I came home after just 10 hours.  As I'm writing this, I'm waiting on Eddie to come home... I just talked to him and he's on his way.  This is a very busy time of year for him as a professional gardener.  He's doing lots of installations at work and for his private clients and his hectic schedule and my own have added up to a couple of horrible little spats.  But in a strange way, I think they've brought us closer by helping us realize how important we are to each other.  Our marriage is "real" and it means something and we're committed to working to make it stronger with each passing day. 

After more than a year together and now happily married for a couple of months, I have to say that I am happy... I never thought real happiness would come, but it has.  It "does" feel different when you're "married".

Well, I've got to go cook the hubby's dinner.  Until next time, remember...

"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.