Friday, April 8, 2011

"A New Beginning Along Love's Journey..."



Eddie and I are just back from Windsor, Canada... We were married this morning at 9:30 by a Justice of the Peace in the Windsor City Council Chambers.  And, yes... Life feels different when you're married... "It's Better!"

These were the words of our officiant and our vows:

Welcome family and friends,

My name is Shelly Wiseman, and I have the privilege of performing this ceremony today.  On behalf of Christopher Flournoy and Edward Eugene Cummings, thank you for being here and sharing in their special day.

This couple has come here to be joined in marriage, which is the voluntary union of two persons to the exclusion of all others.

If any person can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

Christopher, repeat after me, please:

"I do solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful reason why I may not be joined in matrimony to Edward"

Edward, repeat after me, please:

"I do solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful reason why I may not be joined in matrimony to Christopher"

Marriage is not a single event but rather a developing process, which is not to be undertaken recklessly or irresponsibly but rather maturely and honestly.  Marriage is the faithful union between two persons the result of which is the formation of a family unit whose members shall help, support and enjoy each other in good times and in bad times.  This is the relationship these two persons wish to have declared and celebrated.

Christopher, repeat after me, please:

"I call upon these persons here present to witness that I, Christopher, do take you, Edward, to be my lawful wedded partner."

Edward, repeat after me, please:

"I call upon these persons here present to witness that I, Edward, do take you, Christopher, to be my lawful wedded partner."

Christopher, do you have the ring?

This ring is a symbol of your marriage and a symbol of your love and your life together.  Please place it on the third finger of Edward's left hand, repeating after me:

"Edward, with this ring, I thee wed, I shall love, honor and cherish you and this ring shall be the symbol of my love."

Edward, do you have the ring?

This ring is a symbol of your marriage and a symbol of your love and your life together. Please place it on the third finger of Christopher's left hand, repeating after me:

"Christopher, with this ring, I thee wed, I shall love, honor and cherish you and this ring shall be the symbol of my love."

May you enjoy length of days, fulfillment of hopes and peace and contentment of mind, as you day by day live and fulfill the terms of this promise you have made with one another.

I, Shelly Wiseman, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Marriage Act and Province of Ontario, do hereby pronounce Christopher Flournoy and Edward Eugene Cummings to be Partners for Life.

You may kiss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.