Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Truth Shared..."


"I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant."

~Paul Newman


Just lately, I've been thinking about the events of 2008. Many things were happening that year in my life, and I distinctly recall that on the autumn day when Paul Newman left us, I paused in the midst's of my own sorrows to remember the joy his many performances had brought me over the years. Moreover, that day, I pondered the way he lived his life... He lived fearlessly.

I recently ran across this clip of his performance in "Cool Hand Luke" which I've seen dozens of times, and it's the emotion he portrays in this scene that reminds me of how I was feeling then and sometimes now as I remember Love's Journey .

"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.