Friday, November 12, 2010

"A Thought To Ponder..."

Map of world sites from which this blog has been visited

I am amazed to live in the age when the barriers of time and space that have divided the world's people from one another have fallen away because of technologies like the Internet. On any given day, I've entertained visitors here from as many as 20 countries around the world. There have been 10's of thousands of page views to this blog since I began it in 2009.

Among the thousands who come here to view what I post, I have a number of regular visitors from countries in the Middle East. I'm certain that its perhaps the images of "same gender loving people" living open and happy lives that draws them here.

As much as I feel like a second-class citizen in my own country because I am denied many of the rights (marriage, open service in the military, etc.) that most heterosexual citizens take for granted, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to live in a culturally repressive society in which even daring to express such thoughts as love for someone of your own gender are criminal acts. Because of this I am troubled by a couple of visits to these pages by a Saudi government agency today.

The details of the most recent visit are below:

Date: Nov 12, 2010 12:20:34 PM
Browser: Firefox 3.6
Operating System: WinXP
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
Location: Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
ISP: Communications And Information Technology Commission
IP Address: 86.111.196.3
Visited: theunbearabletruthfeareatsthesoul.blogspot.com/?zx=6dfdb20a99e7d5b6
Referring Link: No referring link

To my many visitor from around the world I'd like to first say thank you for visiting and sharing in my thoughts here. But I also want to remind you to be warned that "Big Brother" is indeed watching. Although it's true that "fear eats the soul" and "a life lived in fear is a life half-lived," living fearlessly comes with a cost and in some places in the world that cost is tremendous. Please be careful my friends.


"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.