Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"It's About Equal Rights..."

I am a former Target employee, and I can say that they are indeed a "gay friendly" company, but that being said, this is why corporations should not be allowed to have "citizenship" and political speech rights. They have no moral conscience. When it comes to doing whatever they think will benefit the bottom line, they don't care who they throw under the bus.


This woman is indeed a hero... she spoke up and acted to make her disapproval known. Boycotts are and have always been an effective tool in civil rights struggles. And our's is a fight for our civil rights. As this dear lady says, "What's important in life is people..."

If I'm aware that a company is using my money to discriminate against and oppress me or anyone else, I won't spend my money there. This is why I haven't set foot in a Cinemark Theater in nearly 2 years... Cinemark's CEO and family were large contributors to the supporters of Proposition 8 in California. Now, until Target makes it's misdeed right, they won't be getting my money there either.


*******
"Fear Eats the Soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.