Saturday, April 11, 2009

"The Truth Today..."

"I'd Have to Be Crazy"
Willie Nelson
I'd have to be crazy
to stop all my singing
and never play music again.

You'd call me a fool
if I grabbed up a top hat
and ran out to flag down the wind.

I'd have to be weird
to grow me a beard
just to see what the rednecks would do.

But I'd have to be crazy
plum out of my mind
to fall out of love with you.

I know I've done weird things
I've told people I here'd things
when silence was all abounds.

Been days when it pleased me
to be on my knees
followin' ants as they crawled across the ground.

Been insane on a train
but I'm still me again
and the place where I hold you is true.

So I know I'm all right
Cus I'd have to be crazy
to fall out of love with you.

You know I (and I don't intend to)
But should there come a day,
when I say that I don't love you
You can lock me away ay ay.

I sure would be weird
to live in an envelope
waiting alone for a stamp.

You'd swear I was loco
to rub for a genie
while burning my hand on the lamp.

And I may not be normal
but nobody is
so I'd like to say before I'm through.

I'd have to be crazy
plum out of my mind
to fall out of love with you.

For Stephen Christopher Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.