Thursday, March 26, 2009

"The Day Without Gay..."


Last night, I thought about December 10th 2008, if only he wasn't so afraid...

“In the stars is written the death of every man”
Geoffrey Chaucer


I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
By Nina Simone

I wish I knew how
It would feel to be free
I wish I could break
All the chains holdin' me
I wish I could say all the things
That I should say
Say 'em loud
Say 'em clear
For the whole wide world to hear

I wish I could share
All the love that's in my heart
Remove all the bars
That keep us apart
I wish you could know
What it means to be me
Then you'd see
And agree
That every man should be free

I wish I could give
All I'm longin' to give
I wish I could live
Like I'm longin' to live
I wish I could do
All the things that I can do
Oh, I'm way overdue
I'd be startin' anew

Oh, I wish I could be
Like a bird in the sky
How sweet it would be
If I found I could fly
I'd soar to the sun
And look down at the sea
And I'd sing
Cuz I know
And I'd sing
Cuz I'd know
I'd sing
Cuz I'd know
I know how it feels
To be free, yeah
(I wish I knew) To be
(how it feels) I know
(I wish I knew)
How it feels
To be free...




"A life lived in fear is a life half-lived..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.